Online services allow you to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP Medical Centre and other services, such as hospitals
How to register for Online Services
If you have not used our online services before you will need to:
- Come to the Surgery and provide photo ID so we can confirm your identity and the receptionist will then issue you with a username and password.
- Enter Patient Access and enter your registration details exactly as shown on the form.
- After registering, log on with your username and password.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
What the NHS App does
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
If you’re a patient at our practice you can use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
Patient Triage Online Consultation
Patient Triage Online Consultation, lets you consult with your GP online by completing a form that is sent and reviewed by the practice.
It is ideally used for conditions that are not urgent, but about which you would like to seek your GP’s advice.
Patient Triage Online Consultation is available from this website by clicking on the Brunel Medical Practice home page.
You do not need to register or sign-on to use this service, but you do have to be a registered patient of the practice.
When you start your Patient Triage Online Consultation you will be asked a few short questions which you can respond to in the free format boxes.
When you submit your Online Consultation, it will be reviewed at the practice by a GP and you are guaranteed to receive a response by 6pm on the following working day.
A GP may respond to your online consultation in a variety of ways;
- You may be asked to book or attend an appointment at the practice, either with a GP or another member of the clinical team
- A prescription could be issued directly to your pharmacy
- A GP may telephone or text you with advice
- You may be referred to your pharmacy or another service to seek advice